10 Web Trends of 2023
by Bradley Nice, Content Manager at ClickHelp — all-in-one help authoring tool
Trends can be viewed in a much more expansive sense than just a popular style or collective behavior that has been embraced by mainstream culture for a particular period of time. Let’s take a closer look at web trends. In the year 2023, web design will continue to evolve and grow in popularity. Here are some of the most popular web design trends that you should keep an eye out for:
- Mobile First Design: In a world where more and more people are using mobile devices to access the internet, it’s important for web designers to start designing for mobile first. This shifts the focus away from traditional desktop screens and puts the user’s needs first.
2. Minimalism: As technology becomes more advanced and more of our lives are lived online, we’re becoming more and more attached to our digital devices. Because of this, users have come to expect well-designed websites with a clean, minimalist look.
3. Video Content: As internet bandwidth speeds increase and more websites are adopting video as a medium of communication, videos will become more prominent in web design. Websites will feature more video content, including informational videos and promotional videos.
4. Typography: As the popularity of bold, bright colors and typography increases, expect to see more of it in web design. Designers will use larger font sizes, bolder typefaces, and colorful text to create eye-catching designs that stand out and grab the attention of visitors.
5. Animations: With more companies implementing animations on their websites, it’s safe to say that animation is here to stay. In the coming years, websites will feature more animation than ever before. For example, companies will include animated scrolling effects on their websites and mobile applications.
6. Virtual Reality: With the increasing popularity of virtual reality headsets such as Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, more people are beginning to interact with the world in an entirely new way. The introduction of virtual reality allows designers and developers to immerse users in the experience they’re trying to create and increase engagement.
7. Artificial Intelligence: More and more people are using virtual assistants such as Alexa and Siri to complete simple tasks, such as playing music and looking up the weather. Users expect their interactions with websites to be just as personalized as the ones they have with AI assistants, which is why web designers will increasingly incorporate artificial intelligence into their designs.
8. Microinteractions: Microinteractions are small interactions that take place within the pages of a website or mobile app. These interactions can include animations, button labels, popup notifications, hover effects, and other types of design components.
9. Flat Design. Flat design is cleaner and more minimalistic than website designs from years past. It’s goal is to create a more simple, usable, and intuitive look. As a result, these types of designs will be more popular in the coming years.
10. Card Layouts. Card layouts, also known as one-pagers, are a trendy design style that incorporates large image backgrounds along with a series of smaller elements that make up the page’s content. This design style provides users with an overall visually appealing look while giving designers plenty of room to be creative with the different elements on the page.
Throughout the history of the internet, there have been various trends and styles that have come and gone. And the web design industry continues to evolve. Some of the trends have stuck around while others have changed drastically over time. 2022 saw plenty of new trends emerge and I’m interested to see what they will look like in the years to come.
Have a nice day!
Bradley Nice, Content Manager at ClickHelp.com — best online documentation tool for SaaS vendors