Ideas for Your Blog
by Bradley Nice, Content Manager at ClickHelp — all-in-one help authoring tool
Starting a blog or website is only half the work. A more important question is how to find ideas for your blog to make it popular. Making a content plan and searching for topics is no less exciting process than planning the arrangement of an empty apartment you just moved into. For starters, you’ll have to look through and try many options in search of the most effective ones.
A blog can drive traffic to your business’s website. But for this, your content should be relevant to your customers. Here are some tips that can help:
- Keywords. Research what people look for in connection to your business. Search engine optimization (SEO) is an essential part of modern marketing. And your blog can help boost SEO. Use it to target long-tail keywords: i.e., longer phrases that build on keywords you’ve used elsewhere on your site. Do some SEO research and identify some long-tail keywords you want to target, for this use a keyword research tool. Keywords can help generate a list of blog topics. Your content should be cross-linked: make links to other parts of your site from this article (e.g., linking to products or services that are relevant to the post topic). This will ensure you create content relevant to your business.
- Customer questions and testimonials. Any blog is aimed at a target audience. So you can base blog posts on customer questions and comments. Your site should have a frequently asked questions page, take ideas from there for a series of blog posts. Or, you could write posts that respond to specific questions submitted by customers.
- News. Relevant blog posts perform well cause they get people talking, and demonstrate that you are up to date on the latest news and events! Look for ideas for blog posts in the news. Researching what other businesses in your field are talking about is a good way to find topical blog subjects. Follow the news to come up with great ideas for your blog.
- Analyze your old articles. We are all have been there — a clean slate and no ideas. If you’re stuck to coming up with ideas for your blog, review your existing content for topics that you could cover in more detail. Look for is shorter posts with a wide scope. For example, if you have something like “11 Tools for a Technical Writer,” you might be able to do a series of “11 Tools” posts on similar topics. But do not duplicate content too closely!
- Experts. It is possible and even necessary to spy on the topics of experts in your field and reveal them more fully. Also view the comments under such expert’s articles in order to understand whether the readers liked the topic of the article and how it is disclosed. Also, in the comments, users sometimes ask authors to write an article on a particular topic, this can also serve as an idea for a new post.
- Social networks are great ways to find novel ideas. Surf through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, or Tumblr. Collective intelligence is an infinite power when шен comes to nosing for ideas.
Always be in a state of search of new sources, be agile, and be proactive, then the throes of creation will never overtake you.
Have a nice day!
Bradley Nice, Content Manager at ClickHelp.com — best online documentation tool for SaaS vendors